[mythtv] MythVideo - 300 Disk DVD Carousel

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Sun Jun 8 05:22:11 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a Sony 300 disk DVD carousel which I use to watch DVDs.  It has a
terrible user interface and although it plays great, it is awkward to
select a DVD from its on-screen menus.

1. What I would like to be able to do is use it with MythVideo (which
   has a great user-interface).

2. I would also like to be able to watch DVDs from the Sony player on
   any TV in the house (i.e. which is connected to a Mythfrontend).

The DVD player can of course be controlled with a remote (IR interface),
so I don't see a problem making it play the correct DVD.  However, what
is seems it would need to do is play through the MythTV frontend/backend
protocol.  That is, I imagine if I plugged the DVD player into the
"s-video in" on my Hauppauge PVR-250, it could work through MythTV, but
that wouldn't be integrated with the (great) MythVideo interface (with
the IMDB info and all).

It would also be nice if the standard functions (like pause) could be
made to work (via the IR).

Does anyone (particularly the developers) have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Dick

P.S.  The exact model is: Sony DVP-CX875P