[mythtv] Machine Freezes while watching preview

Craig Blaikie craig at gregor.co.nz
Mon Jun 9 10:23:11 EDT 2003

The problem happens if I let the preview window in the recorded programs
dialog play the whole of the preview.  When the preview reaches the end of
the show, the machine locks up.

Noticed it with a 1 hour show first, then I did a test with a 10 minute show
and the same thing happened.

When the machine has frozen, I can not ALT-TAB between apps, and the clock /
task bar stops refreshing and the only way out of it is to reset the machine
via the reset button.

By changing the preview from "playing the show" to "thumbnail" seems to have
stopped the problem.

Now before you ask "Why do you watch the whole preview?"  Well I don't
normally, but when you have edited out the commercials, and are copying it
down to VHS overnight, at the end of the show it returns to the recorded
program selection guide and starts playing the preview again.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen this behaviour happen, I'm using the
CVS from about 2 weeks ago.

Cheers,
    Craig