[mythtv] New "Photo" theme

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Jun 8 16:06:37 EDT 2003

Ramon Roca wrote:

> Tired of having too few Themes, and no new ones since a while I've just
> built one although I'm not a creative.
>
> It has icons, and is designed for using a photo as a background with
> transparencies, feel free then to change the backround with the one of
> your convenience.
>
> get s snapshot here: http://www.elserrat.com/Photo.jpg
>
> get the theme here: http://www.elserrat.com/Photo-Theme.tar.gz

Well, this is just outstanding. Thank you, Ramon.

I like the icons, the check mark, the wrapped two line text
for things like "Schedule Recordings", etc.

I assumed that the background.png could be anything as long
as it provides sufficient contrast. I tested using the mostly
blue background from iulius and the mostly silver background
from SasQuatch and these worked. I searched the net for some
backgrounds and found flight-to-berlin.jpeg from gimp.org at
http://tigert.gimp.org/wallpapers/ worked particularly well
when saved as an 800x600 png. I trust that almost any image
the a user likes could work.

I'd like to see this make it's way into the Themes Gallery.
Also, any plans for a matching OSD?

--  bjm