[mythtv] [BUG] UK XMLTV setup

Liam Girdwood liam.girdwood at wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Jun 9 14:15:17 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've noticed a bug in the UK listings setup. The setup code for UK xmltv
(videosource.cpp line 117) passes extra arguments to tv_grab_uk that are
not supported i.e.

void XMLTV_uk_config::save(QSqlDatabase* db) {
    (void)db;

    QString filename = QString("%1/.mythtv/%2.xmltv")
        .arg(getenv("HOME")).arg(parent.getSourceName());
    QString command = QString("tv_grab_uk --config-file '%1' --configure
--retry-limit %2 --retry-delay %3 --postalcode %4 --provider %5
--auto-new-channels add")
        .arg(filename)
        .arg(2)
        .arg(30)
        .arg(region->getValue())
        .arg(provider->getValue());

    int ret = system(command);
    if (ret != 0)
        cout << command << endl << "exited with status " << ret << endl;
}

The unknown arguments are retry-limit, retry-delay, postalcode, provider
and auto-new-channel add.  I've even tried checking out the latest
tv_grab_uk from xmltv CVS. Supported options are shown below.

To configure: /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk --configure [--config-file FILE]
To grab listings: /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk [--config-file FILE] [--output
FILE] [--days N] [--offset N]

This causes setup to fail and tv_grab_uk has to be configured manually
before running mythfilldatabase.

Mythfilldatabase appears to then succeed, however there are some
problems :-

1. Channel names i.e. BBC1, ITV are missing from the program listings,
although channel icons and program info is present.

2. Record is broken. Recording is silently failing when it tries to
insert the programs details into the database without a channel number.

I've noticed from this list that there are others from the UK, however
it only appears to be me with this problem.

Thanks for a great product.

Liam

--
Liam Girdwood <liam.girdwood at wolfsonmicro.com>

Wolfson Microelectronics plc
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com
t: +44 131 272-7000
f: +44 131 272-7001
Registered in Scotland 89839

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it, destroy all copies of it and notify the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the message states otherwise. We take reasonable precautions to ensure our Emails are virus free.
However, we cannot accept responsibility for any virus transmitted by us
and recommend that you subject any incoming Email to your own virus
checking procedures.