[mythtv] [BUG] UK XMLTV setup

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 14:53:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 13:15, Liam Girdwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed a bug in the UK listings setup. The setup code for UK xmltv
> (videosource.cpp line 117) passes extra arguments to tv_grab_uk that are
> not supported i.e.
>
> void XMLTV_uk_config::save(QSqlDatabase* db) {
>     (void)db;
>
>     QString filename = QString("%1/.mythtv/%2.xmltv")
>         .arg(getenv("HOME")).arg(parent.getSourceName());
>     QString command = QString("tv_grab_uk --config-file '%1' --configure
> --retry-limit %2 --retry-delay %3 --postalcode %4 --provider %5
> --auto-new-channels add")
>         .arg(filename)
>         .arg(2)
>         .arg(30)
>         .arg(region->getValue())
>         .arg(provider->getValue());
>
>     int ret = system(command);
>     if (ret != 0)
>         cout << command << endl << "exited with status " << ret << endl;
> }
>
> The unknown arguments are retry-limit, retry-delay, postalcode, provider
> and auto-new-channel add.  I've even tried checking out the latest
> tv_grab_uk from xmltv CVS. Supported options are shown below.

Aggh, I thought this code had been removed, there were some changes to
allow graphical setup which got held up at the XMLTV project end of
things. There's a wrapper that I'll get sorted (Ed Avis from XMLTV was
unhappy at lots of mythtv specific code going into the main tv_grab_uk).

I've been so far snowed under that I've hardly been able to read e-mails
from this list- but not that's changing so I'll be able to start in the
next week or two.

The easiest way to correct this, would be:
 rm /usr/bin/tv_grab_de
 ln -s /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk /usr/bin/tv_grab_de

Then run through mythtv setup as Germany.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk