[mythtv] i18n: Problem with german umlauts

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Mon Jun 9 16:24:09 EDT 2003

Hi,

i started working on german translations for mythtv (the frontend only
for now) and have a problem.

I followed the mini-howto from Leandro/Ramon which got me started.
The problem is that some german umlauts (like äöüÜ) are not displayed
correctly while others are ok. Either the umlaut is just missing or a
square is displayed instead. I believe translations from the
mythfrontend_$LANG.ts file are ok, while translations from
the blue themes ui.xml file are not.

I have attached a diff against current cvs for anyone interested.

I tried to convert the ui.xml file from iso-8859 to utf-8 but that
didn't work either. Ideas anyone?

Bye, Stefan

--
When all else fails, read the instructions.