[mythtv] Experimental serial control of Motorola DCT2000

Chris Griffiths mythtv at y-fronts.com
Tue Jun 10 14:50:53 EDT 2003

I've recently found myself with a free machine after building a new one,
and the specs seemed suitable for mythtv.
Only problem is a TV card that only accepts NTCS via composite - the
tuner is PAL - so I'd need to control the cable box via serial.

I know from my tivo that ir sucks, and I'd followed a thread on
tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb and wrote something that appears to work.

You can find the thread here
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1192561#post1192561
My code (in python) is attached to my post. Please experiment with it,
and read through the rest of the thread for more detail on the protocol.

Chris