[mythtv] What is the recordedmarkup table for?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jun 11 01:54:07 EDT 2003

> I am trying to determine what the recordedmarkup table is used for.  I
> understand that it basically holds the same information as nvr->seektable
> (i.e. info used for fast-forward/rewind), but I don't see why it is

The recordedmarkup table currently stores several 'type' records:

-1 = flag to indicate file is currently being flagged for commercials
 3 = blank frame in video
 4 = commercial break start
 5 = commercial break end
 6 = offset of mpeg2 gop
 7 = offset of rtjpeg/mpeg4 keyframe

If you look at how the ProgramInfo::SetPositionMap function is
used, then you should be able to easily update the recordedmarkup table
after applying the cutlist while reencoding a file.

Chris