[mythtv] What is the recordedmarkup table for?

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:13:31 EDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:54:07 -0400 (EDT), "Chris Pinkham
cpinkham-at-bc2va.org |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <nc8phcq8iz0t at sneakemail.com>
said:
> The recordedmarkup table currently stores several 'type' records:
>
> -1 = flag to indicate file is currently being flagged for commercials
>  3 = blank frame in video
>  4 = commercial break start
>  5 = commercial break end
>  6 = offset of mpeg2 gop
>  7 = offset of rtjpeg/mpeg4 keyframe

I should probably have mentioned that I did as much due-diligence as I
could, and I can see that the MARK_KEYFRAME data is read out of
recordedmarkup during OpenFile, but I don't really understand why (since
the same data is also in the 'Q' frame), and from what i can see of the
code, using GetPostionMap isn't a backup for reading the 'Q' frame (My
original assumption was that the offset data in recordedmarkup was only
used if a valid 'Q' frame was not present (i.e. the file wasn't finished
recording), but this doesn't appear to be the case).  Anyhow, that is
(mostly) why I'm confused.
.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer