[mythtv] Conflict resolution bug.

David Watson dwatson at eecs.umich.edu
Thu Jun 12 00:04:38 EDT 2003

I had something really weird happen tonight with a newly upgraded 0.9.
An hour long show was recorded for only a half hour.

"Good Eats" was on from 9-9:30 and taped just fine.
"Junkyard Wars" was on from 9-10 and taped from 9:30-10.

All conflicts should have been adequately fixed at least for the next
several days. This is all on a single tuner system.  Both shows are
set to tape always, and both had adequate description info to detect
duplicate episodes.  I checked the conflicts slightly after 10 and the
same episode of Junkyard showed up at midnight, suppressed because it
had already been recorded.  I un-suppressed it and the midnight listing
disappeared from the conflict resolution screen (presumably because of
the different ways already-recorded and to-be-recorded listings are
handled).

So, I'm assuming the half-hour taping of Junkyard wars is a real bug.
As far as I can tell, I performed the upgrade correctly, and I haven't
seen any discussion about this in the mailing list.  I'll try to trace
down the problem in more detail tomorrow.

David