[mythtv] mythmkmovie 0.9

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Thu Jun 12 00:54:54 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 08:39:39PM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> What chance do you think there is of getting a non-curses version of the
> script?  Or at least splitting the curses stuff out into a separate file
> so those of us with redhat can actually use it?   Dennis Lou and I have
> been working on a separate script that does essentially the same thing
> as mythmkmovie but uses straight text display/input.  It'd be nice not
> to have 2 separate projects (or more, as I assume we're not the only
> ones) trying to do the same thing.

Well, there's two ways to get what you're looking for.
1) mkmovie can be run entirely from the command line. Create a file
named Curses.pm (it's entire contents should be the line '1;'), and run
it from the command line.
2) Remove the code from mkmovie. It CAN be done, but I'm not really
willing to do so myself, for one reason: I put it in because I use it
myself. Taking it out would actually remove functionality that I use
day-to-day when I use mkmovie.

> At the moment, our script will export nuv/sql (for input into another
> mythtv system), divx and (I think) vcd.  I planned to add svcd support,
> but got tied up in the mythweb rewrite.   We're also trying to figure
> out a cleaner way to handle the cutlist - Dennis found a nice way to use
> mplayer to get a clean YUV output based on info from the cutlist (single
> file), but mencoder doesn't take yuv as piped input.

Now THAT is cool. I would have loved to have gotten raw output at high
speeds. Reduces the need for the transcode step. Mind you, the transcode
step works, but on machines with heat problems (read: mine), it makes it
very difficult to get things to work reliably.

> no license included, though once it's a little more polished, it'll be
> GPL'd.

I'll grab it in the next couple of days. I've got far too much else
going on right now to review it right away. Still, it would be nice to
get the YUV format export...

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 6CB0A96C       My Public Key Available At: www.keyserver.net