[mythtv] mythmkmovie 0.9

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jun 11 22:09:49 EDT 2003

> Well, there's two ways to get what you're looking for.
> 1) mkmovie can be run entirely from the command line. Create a file
> named Curses.pm (it's entire contents should be the line '1;'), and run
> it from the command line.

wouldn't that cause a bunch of errors when the program tries to run
curses subs?

> 2) Remove the code from mkmovie. It CAN be done, but I'm not really
> willing to do so myself, for one reason: I put it in because I use it
> myself. Taking it out would actually remove functionality that I use
> day-to-day when I use mkmovie.

yeah.  too much work, which is why I opted to write my own.

If/when you take a look at my code, you'll notice that all of the export
type routines are encapsulated into subroutines.  This makes them rather
portable, and I'm sure they can be tweaked to be more so.

> I'll grab it in the next couple of days. I've got far too much else
> going on right now to review it right away. Still, it would be nice to
> get the YUV format export...

Unfortunately, I don't think that Dennis put any of that into the code
itself.  You'll have to ask him yourself if he ever responds to this
thread (not even sure if he's on the dev list - you can probably grab
his email address from the list archives, though)

-Chris