[mythtv] mythmkmovie 0.9

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Thu Jun 12 08:16:21 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 09:09:49PM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > Well, there's two ways to get what you're looking for.
> > 1) mkmovie can be run entirely from the command line. Create a file
> > named Curses.pm (it's entire contents should be the line '1;'), and run
> > it from the command line.
>
> wouldn't that cause a bunch of errors when the program tries to run
> curses subs?

Normally, yes it would. However, if you run mkmovie and provide all the
arguments on the command line, it won't try to run them, thus avoiding
the entire problem :)

> If/when you take a look at my code, you'll notice that all of the export
> type routines are encapsulated into subroutines.  This makes them rather
> portable, and I'm sure they can be tweaked to be more so.

Ditto. I found it to be a pretty good idea to encapsulate the steps as
much as possible. Now, that DOESN'T mean there aren't hidden
dependencies which I'm not aware of. It just means that those routines
are as broken down as I can make them.

> Unfortunately, I don't think that Dennis put any of that into the code
> itself.  You'll have to ask him yourself if he ever responds to this
> thread (not even sure if he's on the dev list - you can probably grab
> his email address from the list archives, though)

Ahhh, dangit. Well, it'll still be good to read how somebody else did
the same things I did. Will probably learn at least one thing worth
learning.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 6CB0A96C       My Public Key Available At: www.keyserver.net