[mythtv] Re:What is the recordedmarkup table for?

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:27:53 EDT 2003

Chris,
   What do you think about adding a new type to the recordedmarkup
   indicating the last time that the the table was changed?
My thought was to have SaveCutList call something like SetMarkupMap with
offset being the current time (offset isn't of time timestamp, but is
large enough to hold a suibtably formatted timestamp).  The problem is
that Reencode file needs to detect that the markup table has changed (So
it doesn't create a corrupted stream).  The commerical code creates a
MARK_PROCESSING flag in recordedmarkup while it runs.  Using the manual
editor sets an Editing flag in the recorded table when the user is in
edit mode.  However, the transcoder can only detect changes by polling
(and I poll the db once per minute).  So i would like a method of saying:
the last time the cutlist was edited was 'x'.  If I rely on polling, it
is possible for the user to get into editing, make a change, and leave
between my polling calls, and I'd never know a change was made.  The
easiest way to do this would be to add a 'MARK_LAST_EDITED' flag to
recordedmarkup and store the time when it was last changed whenever doing
a SaveCutList.  it is a bit hokey in that I need to munge a timestamp
field into a varchar(32) field, but it isn't particularly difficult to
do.  Anyhow, this is how I am planning on doing it, but I'm open to
better suggestions.

.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer