[mythtv] transcoding suggestion

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Jun 14 00:08:12 EDT 2003

Obviously, getting the transcode stuff just working is the highest
priority, but I was just thinking of a way to make it a feasible
undertaking as an actual part of myth.

What I'm thinking is that I could go in and set up my cutlist, and then
mark the recording to be transcoded into whatever format I want, with or
without then removing the .nuv data.  The transcoding would happen ONLY
when myth isn't actually doing anything (or attached to a nice process),
as an option called from mythbackend itself (or a cron'd process).

And on this note, is there any idea when actual cutting will be
available in the cutlist?  By this, I mean the ability to re-save (but
not re-encode) recordings according to the cutlist, for space
conservation, etc.

-Chris