[mythtv] [PATCH] Transcoder w/cutlist updates
ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Jun 14 15:54:31 EDT 2003
This message was over the 40k limit with the patch, so I'm sending it as
two seperate messages.
This patch fixes many of the issues with the transcode polling.
NOTE: The patch still leaves the transcode-thread disabled. I don't
think it is likely to crash the backend anymore, but these changes are
somewhat disruptive, and I don't want to turn it on quite yet.
* fixes the case where multiple backends if started concurrently could
try to transcode the same program simulatneously.
* mythtranscode will now abort if the cutlist has been edited since it
* mythtranscode will only write into the database when the '-d' switch is
* the polling thread will enable mythtranscode to honour the cutlist if
TranscoderUSeCutlist is enabled.
* the polling thread can re-enqueue the transcoder if it terminates due
to a cutlist change.
* the polling thread will not start a transcoding unless it is safe to do
* the polling thread will correctly update the recordedmarkup table when
a transcode is completed
* the recording thread will not send a transcode message if
TranscoderUseCutlist is true.
* There is the beginning of support for manually starting a transcode.
Actually making this work is somewhat tricky, as the frontend and backend
are not necessarily on the same machine, and I don't know how to make
sure that only one host gets the transcode request. The command is
linked to the 'x' key (while watching recordings only), but it currently
won't due anything until the message passing is worked out. If anyone
has any ideas about this, I'd be happy to hear them.
Note that the structure of the transcoding table has changed. This patch
will delete the transcoding table and rebuild it in the correct manner.
There are probably other ways to do this, but it is necessary to remove
any rows in the table before conversion, since the data in the rows is
incompatible with previous versions.
More information about the mythtv-dev