[mythtv] Toggling paused osd infobox?

JOna jblistat at sll.fi
Sun Jun 15 23:13:30 EDT 2003

Ben Bucksch wrote:
> I haven't tried it, but I think you can insert a |return;| before |if
> (paused)| in function |DoPause()|.

Thanks! I tried that, and it removed the paused osd,
so I am quite happy with it.

But it also removed osd info from live tv.
While watching (liveTV, recorded, but not paused) I would like to
be able to toggle the infos with <i> (channel info -> proggress bar ->
nothing) but when paused I'll prefer no osd (or toggling with <i> if the
default value can be set to "osd off").

Here's the code that I have now (tv_play.cpp):

// This disables paused osd
    return;

    if (paused)
    {
        QString desc = "";
        int pos = calcSliderPos(0, desc);
        if (internalState == kState_WatchingLiveTV)
            osd->StartPause(pos, true, tr("Paused"), desc, -1);
        else
            osd->StartPause(pos, false, tr("Paused"), desc, -1);
    }
    else
        osd->EndPause();
}

What if put that "return;" between "else" and "osd->StartPause"?

JOna