[mythtv] BUG: Window Loses Focus

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Jun 16 11:37:50 EDT 2003

On Monday 16 June 2003 06:15 am, Michael J. Pedersen wrote:
> The window which now pops up, asking if you want to delete the file,
> almost never has the focus. To get it to have the focus, press Alt-Tab,
> release Alt-Tab. Press Alt-Tab, release Alt-Tab. And now you're back at
> the delete window, which has the proper focus, and will let you proceed.
>
> This is one of two complaints about MythTV. And it's the only one which
> is a serious issue for me with regards to pointing out (or even setting
> up) MythTV for other people.
>
> Oh, and the other complaint might not be MythTV related, but I'll send
> it to the list, and let people tell me if it should be sent elsewhere.

It's really a window manager issue with the way mythtv deals with different
dialogs on screen -- it should be giving the popup focus, but isn't.

However, this is pretty much completely fixed in CVS with my big set of
commits on Saturday, since almost everything's a single window now (well,
will be once I finish converting the last couple modules).

Isaac