[mythtv] NuppelVideo format, keyframes, and the cutlist

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jun 18 03:19:04 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 11:48 pm, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> Well, the simplest solution of those I came up with seems to be to add a
> new frame-type to the nuv format.
>
> Here is a patch (untested, and incomplete) of what I am thinking.
<snip>
> comments are appreciated, and if someone thinks this is the wrong way to
> go, I'd appreciate the say-so, so I don't spend too much time on it.
>
> once again, this patch is only to give an idea of what I am doing.  It
> almost certainly won't work as is, and is not ready for including in
> myth.

This looks very reasonable to me -- I can't think of any easier way to
implement this.  Minimal impact on existing code..  Going to break the
mplayer patch, though =)

Hmm.. though.. Had you thought of a new frametype that just says 'skip the
next X frames'?  That way you should be able to just cut on key-frame
boundaries, and then just skip up to the real end of the cut automatically
during playback..  I dunno, though..

Isaac