[mythtv] Commercial skip option?

Jeffrey Brent McBeth mcbeth at broggs.org
Thu Jun 19 11:32:43 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 12:03:39PM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> If you're skipping past then just hit 'Q' to skip back.  I removed
> the option since the 'Q' key allows you to go back to the previous
> start or end of a commercial break.  If something is skipping past
> the show to the next commercial then that's another issue as that
> should only happen if commercials either aren't being flagged or
> aren't being detected properly.  I haven't seen the problem you
> describe.

On my box, if the show it starts recording starts on a commercial, when I
watch it later, it skips to the next commercial break.  If I hit Q to go
back (it'll go back to the beginning), it'll skip forward again.  I've had
to ff/rw to part of the real show before it gets a chance to skip.

For those reasons, I've turned of autoskipping.

Jeff

Computer Science is as much about computers as astronomy is about telescopes
	-- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (1930-2002)