[mythtv] New test MythTV installer

Dwight Hubbard dhubbard at dwightandamy.com
Thu Jun 19 13:21:41 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 08:37, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> What's wrong with the existing 'make install'?

The installer I wrote does a 'make install', it also installs all the
prerequisite packages and sets up the initial database.  I'm planning on
adding code to it to install and setup hardware once I get it installing
the software correctly.

It should work a lot like the ximian desktop installer.  You can type a
one line command (wget -q -O - http://mythtv.dwightandamy.com/go.sh|sh)
answer a few question in the install dialog and after about an hour or
so have a working mythtv configuration.

I think this is a good way to address the issue that mythtv is harder to
install than freevo.