[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-users] FF/REW key binding confusion

Cedar cedarmckay at mac.com
Thu Jun 19 13:40:57 EDT 2003

> (I don't know what the rewind button should do when in fast forward. I
> also found it strange to go from very fast forward to rewind, I would
> have wanted a straight-forward way to *reduce* the forward speed, but
> I also agree with the arguments of the other side, that we need to go
> from ff to rev directly, and I don't know, if 4 buttons are a good idea.)

how about having repeated ff presses cause fast forward speed to
increase (as suggested) but hitting rew once would drop it back to
playing, and a second rew press would take it the first (slowest) rewind
level. Conversely, if rewinding (at any speed) the first ff press would
take us to normal forward playing, and subsequent ff presses would ramp
us up through increasing fast forward speeds.

best,
cedar