[mythtv] final PATCH - new App for Manual Recording

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Thu Jun 19 23:29:43 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Isaac Richards" <ijr at po.cwru.edu>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at snowman.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] final PATCH - new App for Manual Recording

> On Wednesday 18 June 2003 05:35 pm, Ramon Roca wrote:
> > OK, here's is my final patch for the Manual Recording:
> > I believe that this one has to be ok to everybody.
> >
> > see / get it at:
> > http://www.elserrat.com/MythTV/ManualSchedule/index.html
> > click on the thumbnails to get an idea of its contents.
> >
> > -Combines both ways: Has a full date, and also, going forward-backward
> > moves de selected day/time -all the fields have wrapping support (>60
> > mins=next hour, etc..)
> > -takes out the year field (is there, but implicit, supports recordings
> > until 1 year ahead). -To have a simple and intuitive way for navigate
just
> > using the arrows, uses a "weekday", the other fields are syncheds
> > accoirdingly (like the previous version). -It have many code now, since
its
> > very oriented to be easily used with only a remote.
> >
> > Very comfortable to use, fast to find dates, intuitive...
> > to install, just like the previous versions.
> >
> > If anybody wants to work in cosmetics, go ahead.
> > About me, that's finished (except for fixing bugs, of course).  I would
> > like to commit this one and go for my next.
>
> I've just committed this to CVS..  Question, though -- would people still
find
> a need for the other manual recording screen?  Seems fairly redundant,
though
> I know it does something slightly different..
>
> Isaac

I found that the old manual recording very usefull when converting old VHS
to divx... so I vote to take both "manual" and "instant"
recording/scheduling.
Maybe I find in the old "manual recording" very annoying the need to press
"TAB" for exiting from the tv box. Maybe we can make a ComboBox to choose
the channel and turn off the focus on the tv box.

Leandro