[mythtv] Music Jukebox devl. ToDo's

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Jun 20 12:40:01 EDT 2003

On Friday 20 June 2003 11:17 am, Jamieson, Andy wrote:
> Cover-art search and download. Freevo just added this and Gjukebox has it,
> and works nicely. With the SQL backend in Gjukebox the files can be located
> anywhere as the image location is stored in the database. Nice touch being
> able to see this when browsing by album, or "currently playing" data.

Feel like contributing code?  Wouldn't be difficult, could even re-use a bunch
of stuff from mythvideo.

> Music tags stored in database so location of mp3's etc in a file system
> layout is less important (would this help in providing more flexible
> browsing and search functionality?)

It already does this, has so from day one =)

> Random play selection if no play list is defined.

I don't really think this would be needed -- you can just toggle 'All music'
and 'random play' really easily with the existing UI..  In fact, I think you
can just browse to 'All My Music' from the playback screen (assuming you have
the 'Show entire music tree' option enabled, and select that to play
everything..

> Streaming use Icecast to a lighter front-end and using XMMS to play, and
> selection between a global stream/play list or a specific end-point play
> list (MythTv front-end app. connecting to database over network then NFS to
> access files currently?)

This also would be a good place to contribute, if you're looking to do
something..  There's already code that could be reused for this without too
many problems (ie, the video streaming stuff in backend->frontend).

Isaac