[mythtv] category getting saved to 'recorded' table

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Fri Jun 20 23:17:47 EDT 2003

Kirby Vandivort wrote:

>(and probably 'category_type', although that doesn't seem to have values here in the US)

It's *completely* empty, for all entries? It should mark movies, at
least those recognized. I used roughly the criteria that MythWeb uses,
so if you see movies marked there, but not in the category_type column,
then it's a bug.

>I'm seeing a few possible uses for this..  Users could potentially sort their 'now playing' list by genre, etc.

Oh, yes! I'd like the playbackbox would to sort all movies under one
group, not create a group for each of them. I tried to implement that,
but gave up after seeing the code.

>The use, in particular, that I'm currently working on, though, is an implementation of bayesian type filtering for coming up with 'recommendations'

wow :)

I'm not sure, if I would have a use for it personally, but I'd find it
very interesting technically.

Ben