[mythtv] OSD and ivtv (aka pvr-?50 series cards)

kevin thayer nufan_wfk at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 17:22:26 EDT 2003

The pvr-350 (and some 250's) have an OSD API that does
blending of an image with the video being output in
hardware.  (at least I think that's how it works..)

As the only method of video-to-tv i currently have is
my pvr350 card, i'd like to see if this is something
myth can support, and how hard it would be to patch
in. I know myisn'tth currently just draws to screen,
but i'm hoping the code is such that the osd parts can
be separated easily.

Ideally, i'd like to get myth to use the decoder on
the pvr350 to decode the video too.. How does support
for external decoders currently work?

Decoding/OSD support aren't in the ivtv driver yet
though, so any features using this are a ways off.

-tmk