[mythtv] OSD and ivtv (aka pvr-?50 series cards)

kevin thayer nufan_wfk at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 11:17:10 EDT 2003

> Easiest thing from a mythtv perspective will be
> to make the card act as a generic framebuffer
> device -- from there, it should be pretty easy
> to just recompile mythtv against qt/embedded
> and run the UI from that.

Yeah, that's an option, i'm just not sure how well the
card will take to that.. I don't think that's even
close to the design :)

> Handling the hardware decoding will be really easy,
> too.  Just have to replace a large chunk of code
> with a tiny chunk of code that just sends stuff to
> the card to decode instead.

excellent.

> Side note, I also have a -350 (provided by
> hauppauge, too) that I'll be interested in
> getting mythtv to work with on the tv-out/decode
> side of things once the driver support's there.

I thought it was strange that you got one (given your
aversion to the concept ;).. that explains it. I'll
try and get the output stuff going soon, especially
since the 350 is currently the ONLY tv-out solution i
have available to me :)

-tmk