[mythtv] Audio buffer overflow...

mark at zzo.com mark at zzo.com
Sat Jun 21 14:03:56 EDT 2003

On a frontend box as soon as I start watching live or prerecorded TV
I get zillions of 'Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!' messages,
after a couple second I hear 'chirping'.  Hitting ESC causes
mythfrontend to crash after a couple seconds.
The backend box works & another frontend I have works fine too so
it's just this client that's hosed.
xmms-alsa works fine so I know sound in general works, although mpg123
doesn't so I'm not too sure what's going on.
It's a Shuttle SK41G using Alsa .9.2 - maybe I should upgrade (running
gentoo & that's the latest alsa-driver ebuild).
The card is a Via 8235 - although I have the exact same version of ALSA
working on a similar card in my other frontend box...

The working one is:
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)

The non-working one is:
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.  VT8233/A/8235 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)

    ??? thanks!

Mark Ethan Trostler	mark at zzo.com
Computing Solutions	http://www.zzo.com