[mythtv] DVB fixes

Zaheer Abbas Merali zaheerabbas at merali.org
Sun Jun 22 19:21:21 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 17:58, Zaheer Abbas Merali wrote:
> Cool, I see it has also been submitted to CVS, so I am going to checkout
> CVS and try.
>
> > With zaheer's fix, I think recording and playback works now. zaheer, is
> > that correct?
>
> Yes, the recording of whatever channel works.  Playback is fine, with or
> without the patch.
>
> I have been debugging the channel change during live tv.  It works if
> for every channel change: the player, recorder and ring buffer are
> destroyed, and news ones created and initialised. (just the same as
> exiting livetv and coming in on another channel).  But without doing any
> of that the frontend segfaults in libavcodec's mpeg routines.  I have
> been debugging this and found that it only segfaults when the multiplex
> changes, ie the dvb frequency is changed.  I am confident however that I
> will be able to create a clean patch that fixes this today....

Ok, with current CVS...changing channel segfaults whether the channel
moved to is on same multiplex or not...however I have a small patch that
improves it to only segfaulting when moving between multiplex.  That
patch just deletes the decoder and creates a new one on channel change.
But there is no point submitting it here now until I get it not to
segfault at all.

--
Zaheer Abbas Merali <zaheerabbas at merali.org>