[mythtv] New test MythTV installer

Dwight Hubbard (dhubbard) dhubbard at dwightandamy.com
Mon Jun 23 15:02:21 EDT 2003

> This looks very good. What do you need to have either more generic
> support or also support SuSE 8.1 (possibly 8.2) and Gentoo?

The installer uses apt-rpm and apt repositories to install many of the
prereqs.  Other RPM based distributions like suse and mandrake should only
need for me to add code to install the appropriate apt-rpm binary for
them.

It currently has the code to bail out if it is run on an unsupported
distribution removed so it might actually work on a Suse 8.1 or Mandrake
system if it has apt-rpm already installed and configured.

I'm not sure what would be involved with getting gentoo to work, I've only
tried installing gentoo on my sparc 5...