[mythtv] Help: trying to trace channel/DVB problem

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Tue Jun 24 06:06:21 EDT 2003

Hi Simon,

Simon Watson wrote:

>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/DVB_setup_problem_P67696/
>
>(and have sinced realised that the videodevice field should be "0", although this doesn't fix my problem)

Also try setting use_ts to 0.

And make sure that your channel tuning parameters are correct. In
particular, it seems that you don't have a setting for inversion, you
need to set that. (You didn't include field headers, please do that the
next time.)

>cardinput.inputname = ""

hm, it seemed to work for the others, but it could still be a bug, that
the input is not set correctly.

>I don't understand what
>
>QString ChannelBase::GetCurrentInput(void)
>{
>    return channelnames[currentcapchannel];
>}
>
>is designed to do. What is the channelnames structure designed to contain? Why would a map of channel names return an input source?

Neither do I. Maybe this is a leftover from the analog separation and
only makes sense for analog. I'll have to look into that when I am in
the code the next time.

For now, just make it return a hardcoded value like "Television" or "",
whatever you use in cardinput or what works for you. The "input" concept
is not used for DVB anyways, and probably makes no sense at all for it
(but I have to think about it), so this might even be the right fix or
close to it.

>And, more importantly, I can't see how this structure or currentcapchannel gets initialised by the DVBChannel class. From what I can see, the TVRec object creates a DVBChannel
>object in its constructor and immediately calls SetChannelByString.

It's quite possible that you hit a bug here, yes. Strange, though, that
neither zaheer nor me/Edward hit it.

>As you can see, I'm confused! My C++ is rusty and I'm new to Myth, so be gentle with me but any pointers/solutions would be much appreciated.

No, your input was welcome and probably helpful. Sorry that I didn't
reply to your post to the users mailinglist, but I don't read that
anymore, too noisy. Please stay on track.

See the msg I and zaheer recently posted to this mailing, though, and
please update to current CVS (or a few days ago), there were a number of
fixes checked in.

Ben