[mythtv] LCD update

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:41:31 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 02:20 pm, Steven J. Finnegan wrote:
> Ok, just downloaded & installed the newest CVS version, to get the LCD
> functions.
>
> Now when trying to run MYTHLCD I get an error...
>
> 	Could not get LCD host and port settings from database
> 	Did you run cvs.sql in the database directory?
>
> The answer is yes, though I see no updates in the cvs.sql regarding LCD
> usage. Was this forgotten?

The mythlcd program is just a demo program -- it doesn't do anything.  There
are some hooks in mythtv to use the LCD stuff, though.  I believe that
currently, you have to insert some values into the database manually to get
things to work -- LCDHost and LCDPort need to be set in the settings table,
but I'm not sure of the proper values for them.

Isaac