[mythtv] MythMusic database schema suggestion

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jun 24 13:16:59 EDT 2003

> Just my $.02; of course, this doesn't really relate to DB design but rather
> application design.

I'd tend to agree here, though many of the speed issues are related to
inefficient DB design.  I've offered to help clean up the database, but
since my C skills are seriously lacking, I'd need someone to help with
that side of things (I'm happy to redesign the database and rebuild the
queries).

on that note, many smaller DB queries are a much more efficient option
than loading the whole thing into memory (esp. when you have $18k files
like I do).  The trick would be (with a better DB setup) to load all
artist info (separate table), all album info (separate table), and then
only load track info (yet another table) on-demand.

-Chris