[mythtv] Recurring Manual Scheduling?

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Tue Jun 24 23:23:18 EDT 2003

>I know it is probably not meant to be used as such, but how difficult
>would it be to extend the very nice manual schedule entry to support
>weekly, monthly and perhaps daily recurrences?

When I redesigned the gui one of the goals was exactly what you are asking
for.
One way to do this that I was considering, is to setup a "crontab" style
gui, i.e., every day at a given time etc.
However I realized that was too much complicated, since has to have much
more options, like choosing weekdays (why not Mon/Wed/Fri?, or Sta/Sun?...),
start and stop day, quite difficult to fit in a 640x480 screen with big
fonts, etc...

>In this case a repeat Mon-Fri 6:50-7:30 (extra padding added, they never
>start on time), but I wouldn't mind setting up 5 recurring events.

So, to do that, that's why I added the "Save this recording and set
another". You just have to schedule the monday: time, and texts for the
title, description etc. Then use that button. ***It will retain the user
text entered, and  if it has been added at the end of the text, will refresh
only the date and time***, so after monday record has been saved, you just
have to use the right arrow on the weekday to choose "Tuesday" and, again,
"save and continue" again, until you reach the friday.
I thought that was easier and simpler. Few clicks to repeat recuurring
schedules, so this means also usable with a remote. If anybody can make any
concise suggestion of a simpler way...

BTW, there is a bug on the description text that repeats "min"...  I'll
patch it someday (unless somebody does it before).

Ramon.