[mythtv] Closed Caption Display

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 16:22:59 EDT 2003

I'm not a C++ developer but I can program in other languages.  I
must say that MythTV is well written in the readability department.

I had a go at a quick tweak to the closed caption display.  I
noticed that the box is bigger then the text but the text is almost
exactly at the top of the box leaving almost no gap at the top, and
a large one at the bottom.  I adjusted one addition that was already
there (calc box height based on font) and added another (to modify y
position).  I am using the default font sizes.  Hopefully this will
be of use to someone.

There may have been a better way to accomplish this but it seems to
work okay.  I don't know have many people are using the closed
caption support but at 20 my hearing is pretty bad from working in
Reactor Compartments on subs.

Michael