[mythtv] expanding the recorded table?

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sun Jun 29 03:10:06 EDT 2003

> So you decide to not match on description...  TLC (and WB and Fox and most
others) often
> first show multiple new episodes on the same day.

Multiple airings of the same new episode? I'm very aware that such things
happen but if you had reliable original airdate information then only in the
"same day" case would you need to fall back on subtitle/description
comparisons.

Yes, my guide data sucks. I've been looking around for pay solutions to
provide me with accurate information, however the current duplicate
detection system is "touchy", IMO it errs on the side of being too exact (I
have shows with unique subtitles and no description, they will _never_ be
caught as a duplicate with the current system).

> I guess my point is that I fail to see how original air date is any better
> as a distinguishing factor than any of the others.  Especially when the
data
> is wrong.  Will it be nice to have original air date?  Yes.  Will it make
> things better?  Probably not.

It would be just another thing to check for, rather than relying on the
trifecta that is title, subtitle, and description. When it is known it is
almost as good as a unique ID for a show (with a few exceptions for same day
rebroadcasts).

--
Anduin Withers