[mythtv] problem with tonights cvs?

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Sun Jun 29 13:17:42 EDT 2003

Anduin Withers wrote:

>>still don't know why the
>>heck this even compiled.
>>

>Because you are using a modern C++ compiler? Without -fno-operator-names any
>"new" g++ will compile code with 'and', 'or', 'bitand' etc, they are C++
>operators.

hmm, they're actually part of c++ now?  thats gonna look a little weird
until i get used to it.

>Not to encourage you or anything, hitting 'and' in code when you're
>expecting '&&' is like hitting a speed bump.

well, if its standard, then encourage away i would say.  but if my
compiler (from debian stable) doesn't deal with it, then i would suggest
that it is a little too recent to standardize on.  i'm sure the last
thing this project needs is another compiler quirk to deal with on the
lists.

thanks for the info.

cheers,

    CraigL->Thx();