[mythtv] DELETE_RECORDING question

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Jun 29 18:06:57 EDT 2003

going back and forth over this mythbackend code in mythweb..   seems to
do some weird (unnecessary) stuff.   to delete a recording, the original
author first queries the backend for info about all recordings, scanning
through each of them until it finds a match.

Is there any harm in just submitting the delete query without this
"verification"?   I mean, will the backend die if I tell it to delete
something that isn't there?  I'd really like to get rid of some of this
code if it's just extraneous.

-Chris