[mythtv] Multi-stage video storage

Guy Bayes guy_jobs at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 13:41:31 EDT 2003

I was thinking about something along these lines as
well. I'm not so interested in fast/slow disk as I am
on a scuzzy raid array, but more to avoid having to
have a single 500 gig partition or something equally
dangerous.

What would be nice would be to build such automation
to work in conjunction with the already existing
excellent video format conversion script.

It would:

1: Convert TV recordings more then X days old into one
of several configurable formats that are readably
outside Myth.

2: Move the archive file to the storage location.

3: Delete the TV data and it's associated database
entry.

4: register the new archived video file and location
with MythVideo.

And do it all from inside the MythTv interface, not
through cron/scripting, logging ti nicely into a
database table or logfile so you can see what
happened.

I would be willing to help too Brian, if you need a
code slave...
Guy