[mythtv] Commercial flagging during record (was

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 1 00:19:18 EST 2003

There is a 2-second window that if you hit the 'Z' key it will greatly
speed up commercial detection.  If you don't hit the key in that window
detection can take a whole lot longer.  This is eliminated by the
scanning during recording though.  The old code that allows to scan
during playback will be kept in mythfrontend though, just in case you
have old recordings around and for people with hardware compression.
Eventually the hardware compression stuff could be handled by offline
commercial detection so even people using hardware mjpeg could have
instant commercial skip based upon a commercial list in the database.

Chris