[mythtv] Possible bug, "Fix Scheduling Conflicts" not showing allprograms programmed to record

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Sun Mar 2 17:51:10 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Zimmerman" <mdz at debian.org>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at snowman.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Possible bug, "Fix Scheduling Conflicts" not showing
allprograms programmed to record

> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 11:02:35AM +0100, Leandro Dardini wrote:
>
> > Setting some programs to record in "channel" mode (whenever the program
> > appear on the channel), I notice that not all programs are shown in the
"Fix
> > Scheduling Conflict" screen.
>
> Check the 'oldrecorded' table.  If there is an entry there for a
particular
> instance of a program, it will be skipped.

I found only old programs I record some days ago... no the ones missing from
the record conflicts.

> > I was unable to find the select used by "Fix Scheduling Conflicts" and
> > debug by myself. Is this a bug? Where is the select query?
>
> It certainly would be a bug if there were no query. :-)
> Look in scheduledrecording.cpp.

in scheduledrecording.cpp there are two select, the first simply collect the
programs to record. The other is issued everytime we ask for "Fix Scheduling
Conflicts". It is a very strange thing. I choose to record a program
broadcasted everyday at 20:10 and I ask to record everytime it appears on
the channel. I have seven day in my program guide, so I think to find seven
entry in "Fix Scheduling Conflicts", but I found only three. Mythbackend
makes the select (the second one from scheduledrecording) for the programs
that do not appear in Fix Scheduling Conflicts.

Unfortunately I have two children screaming around the house... and I get my
brain creamed trying to reach an enough concentration to try to figure the
reasons for this... please, "open my mind" to this mistery.

Leandro