[mythtv] Possible bug, "Fix Scheduling Conflicts" not showingallprograms programmed to record

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Sun Mar 2 22:24:05 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Zimmerman" <mdz at debian.org>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at snowman.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Possible bug, "Fix Scheduling Conflicts" not
showingallprograms programmed to record

> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 05:51:10PM +0100, Leandro Dardini wrote:
>
> > in scheduledrecording.cpp there are two select, the first simply collect
> > the programs to record. The other is issued everytime we ask for "Fix
> > Scheduling Conflicts". It is a very strange thing. I choose to record a
> > program broadcasted everyday at 20:10 and I ask to record everytime it
> > appears on the channel. I have seven day in my program guide, so I think
> > to find seven entry in "Fix Scheduling Conflicts", but I found only
three.
> > Mythbackend makes the select (the second one from scheduledrecording)
for
> > the programs that do not appear in Fix Scheduling Conflicts.
> >
> > Unfortunately I have two children screaming around the house... and I
get
> > my brain creamed trying to reach an enough concentration to try to
figure
> > the reasons for this... please, "open my mind" to this mistery.
>
> Try executing the same query that mythbackend uses to get the conflict
list,
> and see if you get the result that you expect.

The problem is that mythbackend executes a first queries and get all the
programs to be recorded, then, when I select fix scheduling conflict,
executes three queries, but I have seven programs to be recorded. The query
are issued for every other day and it gets a row as result, the one and the
only one present in the record table. The rows returned are not inserted in
the fix scheduling conflicts.

Table/Record
Only one row for a "Channel recording" show

Table/Program
A week of programming,

The show is present every day from today (2/3) to (8/3). The query is issued
for 3/3, 5/3, 7/3 and fix scheduling conflicts return show to be recorded
only in the day 2/3, 4/3 and 6/3.

Leandro