[mythtv] non-Xv display support in CVS.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Mar 4 12:50:53 EST 2003

So how well does it work?  Can you ssh into the box and see what the
load is on the machine while this is running.  Is mythfrontend using
a huge amount of cpu or is it low.  On my Athlon 700, I think mythfrontend
was using less than 10-15% of cpu I think when running the non-Xv code.

I'm just trying to see if it's worthwhile to code in support for
shared memory anytime soon.

> Yes, you were right.  I deleted everything and re-installed and it works
> now.  Perhaps the library loader was using the .7 libs.  The last time I
> tried using the framebuffer driver (in the .7 release) I thought I
> couldn't even start mythtv.  Since it would run this time, I thought I was
> using the most up to date libs.  Thanks.

> > This error message indicates that you are _not_ running a checkout with
> > the  non-xv mode fallback.
> >
> > Isaac

Chris