[mythtv] Question about FF & Rev

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 4 22:44:45 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a question for anyone who can answer.  I've been looking at the
code for FF & Rev in tv_play.cpp, and I see where the variables doing_ff
and doing_rev get set.  I also recognize that when StickKeys is ON, they
don't get unset until the next relevant keypress.  What I can't figure
out is how they get unset if StickyKeys is OFF.  It seems that
doing_ff/rev will just stay TRUE until the next relevant keypress, when
really they should be cleared as soon as the atomic FF or Rev operation
has been performed. Or, perhaps they shouldn't be set at all if
StickyKeys is OFF.  I wonder if this is the root of some of the strange
FF/Rev behavior that's been reported...

...or am I just missing something obvious?

-Joe C.