[mythtv] mythmusic question (again)
ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Mar 5 17:05:21 EST 2003
On Wednesday 05 March 2003 04:37 pm, Michael J. Sherman wrote:
> So, basically, if I were to play a 5-minute song, I would only be able
> to see GUI updates and interact with it at about the 45-second mark, the
> 1:30 mark, the 2:15 mark, etc. So if I'm playing a song and I want to
> quit out, I can hit escape, but I have to wait for the next GUI update
> for that escape key event to actually reach the playback box and quit
Ok. Could you just verify that it's still broken with _current_ cvs (just
committed a change, but I don't think that'll help). If it is, here's what
you need to do to debug it:
- recompile mythmusic for debugging (settings.pro)
- run the debug binary inside of gdb
- when the UI freezes, hit ctl-c to break out of it.
- type 'info threads' at the prompt.. there _should_ be 4 threads currently
running.. I'd like to see a backtrace from each.
- switch to thread 1 by typing 'thread 1', get a backtrace by 'bt full'
- rinse, repeat for each running thread.
That might help, and, well, it might not. I dunno :(
More information about the mythtv-dev