[mythtv] Remote encoder channel change.

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Mar 6 19:28:31 EST 2003

On Thursday 06 March 2003 06:17 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
> If no tuners are in use and the the frontend on the slave
> host goes to LiveTV, it correctly chooses card 1 on the
> master backend. A low priority enhancement may be to check
> the hostname column from capturecard and prefer the first
> available local encoder else the next available.

Yeah -- I may get to doing this before 0.8, but might not.

> If I choose three or more show to record at the same time
> the scheduler and/or conflicts still only allow two shows
> at a time even though there are three tuners available.
> I'll look into this but I expect you'll fix this the right
> way before I even grasp what's going on ;-).

If you see what's wrong before I do, by all means fix it =)  I can't think of
anything right off that would cause it.

> The only obvious bug I've found so far is that, when recording
> two shows, the channel change on the remote encoder fails.
> On the slave backend console:

This, however, was easy =)  The programinfo wire format wasn't transferring
the sourceid or the cardid over to the backend.  What I just checked in is
untested, but should work.  Lemme know if it does/doesn't.

And, I'm quite glad that it's all mostly working for you, too.  Gettin close
to release time.

Isaac