[mythtv] Preparing for 0.8

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 9 21:09:28 EST 2003

I'd like to see the "intelligent" playlist stuff in mythmusic stabilized
before it's frozen for 0.8.  Right now, when you turn on "Intelligent"
shuffle, it takes O(n^2) time to re-index the playlist.  On my default
playlist (entire collection, 4000+ tracks), this takes several *minutes*
during which the GUI appears to be frozen.  Many people (including
myself for quite a while) may assume that mythmusic is hung and be
forced to reboot their frontend (as it's not so easy to kill a process
with an IR remote in the living room!).

I'm working on a patch to see if I can't speed this up, but in the
meantime maybe an option to completely disable the intelligent playlist
stuff is in order.

-Joe C.