[mythtv] Segfault or 'Delaying to next trigger'

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:03:09 EST 2003

System:
P4 1600Mhz
Asus 7700 Deluxe (Geforce 2 w/ S-Video in) w/ riva-tv
Homebrew IR-Blaster w/ lirc
Onboard motherboard from i850 chipset w/ ALSA 0.9 drivers
Debian linux sid
XFree86 4.2.1
Xv works fine (using drivers from Debian, not NVidia's drivers)
MythTV CVS built March 5, 2003
QT 3.1.1
liblame 3.93.1
xawtv works fine.

Problem 1) (Not really myth related, but I dunno what to do about it)
using xawtv with input muted,
and 'aplay /dev/dsp' leads to the sound being  delayed ~1/2 second from
the video. Without aplay, audio is in sync.

Problem 2)  One of the following 2 things happens within ~5 seconds of
starting mythtv

a) mythbackend Segfaults.  Always in a different place, but it  seems to
always be related to libmp3lame:
backtrace:
#0 0x400e6a42 in CRC_update_lookup () from /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0
#1 0x40132450 in puts (_ from /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0
Cannot access memory at address 0x9c

here is another one:

#0 0x40114d4c in choose_table_MMX () from /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0
#1 0x00000018 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x17

or, I get something like the following:
severeal  'Delaying to next trigger' messgaes followed by:
Audio buffer overflow. audio data lost (repeating hundreds of times)
then a few more 'Delaying to next trigger' and lots more Audio buffer...
ad infinitum

Can anyone give me some ideas how I can debug this?

Thanks,
Geoff