[mythtv] Gentoo CVS ebuild

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Mar 10 22:24:34 EST 2003

Out of curiosity (and maybe expressing my Gentoo ignorance), is the MythTV
.ebuild setup good enough so that I could take a freshly installed Gentoo
system with only the stage1/2/3 tarball and do an "emerge mythtv-cvs" and
it would install everything necessary to get Myth up and running?  I took
a quick look at the dependencies and it looked like it could be but
wanted to see.  I'm considering gentoo for use in a 2nd/new MythTV box
at home and was curious if this is at that level yet.  If so this is great.

> I hope this is the right place, and that this might be useful to
> somebody.
>
> I have taken Tony Clark's excellent mythtv ebuild for Gentoo and
> modified it to pull from the latest CVS... for those of us that like to
> stay on the bleeding edge, and use Gentoo, it might find it of use...
>
> I also updated (well, renamed and it worked) the xmltv ebuild to the
> newest version... now that all the rest of the ebuilds that Tony had to
> put together are in the main portage tree, these are the only two that
> are needed.
>
> Put these files in /usr/local/portage (or wherever) and modify your
> /etc/make.conf to have:
>
> PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage
>
> Then you can:
>
> emerge mythtv-cvs
>
> and you should get the latest stuff...
>
> Given its small size, I'm just attaching it... again, sorry if that's
> wrong... let me know if you see a problem with these... I'm not exactly
> used to doing this.
>
> Again, thanks to Tony for most all the work!
>
> Bruce

Chris