[mythtv] Gentoo CVS ebuild

Bruce C. Dillahunty bdillahu at peachbush.com
Mon Mar 10 23:36:56 EST 2003

I think it's right :-)

You will have to manually configure mysql (add the password stuff, etc.
as prompted at the end of the mysql ebuild) and then include the mc.sql
file into mysql as defined in the myth instructions.

Also, for sound support, you'll need to work through the ALSA
directions that can be found at www.gentoo.org/docs

I just built a brand new machine, loaded gentoo and set up myth... I
have fairly complete notes of what I did (including LVM - logical
volume manager, etc.) if that would help anybody.

I don't know that its perfect, but I'm watching TV in the background
while I type :-)

Bruce